As you can imagine, life has been VERY busy for us lately! I haven't written a post since I was 34 weeks pregnant...and Miss T is here and she is already 4 WEEKS OLD!! My goodness time is FLYING by already. So to update, I figured I would write her birth story...
At 38 weeks and 3 days, I went in for my weekly checkup as well as a sonogram to check Teaghan's size. We knew she was on the bigger side, and Dr. Potter wanted to make sure she wasn't getting too big. Mom and Craig came with me. During the sono, Randy estimated that she was 8lbs 6 oz. Holy Moly! After the sono, Craig left to return to work and Mom stayed for the appointment. After measuring me and looking at the sono results, Dr. P decided it was TIME to have this baby! We were shooting for the following Monday at Lake Pointe for induction...but they were booked solid! So we had to call Rockwall Presby. They could get me in, but wanted me to go in and have her the very next day!! WOW! So we quickly said yes (I was open for anything to get her out at that point). I'll never forget calling Craig when we left and asking him, "Are you ready to have a baby???" We were both so excited! I remember feeling VERY nervous in the sono that day. Must have been intuition.
So the rest of the day was spent packing and waiting! We went in that evening to begin Cervadil. After the nurse inserted the Cervadil and hooked me up to the machines, they noticed I was already having contractions regularly (which I couldn't feel). After an hour on the Cervadil (which is supposed to stay in for 12 hours), Teaghan's heart rate was elevated and would NOT go down. So they took out the Cervadil and began a low dose of Pitocin to get things going...
That night I was told to rest, which was hard because of all the excitement. I was feeling contractions at that point, but nothing unbearable. But then...at 1am the nurse came in and said my platelets were low and I could not have an epidural. WHAT???? They ran tests again, but the results were the same. If I were to get an epidural, I would likely have a spinal bleed. Needless to say I was FREAKING OUT. This was NOT part of my plan....
The next morning at 8am, Dr. P came in to talk about options and break my water. She offered to do a C-Section right then and there (I would have to be put under since I couldn't have an epidural), or told me I could try it on my own. I was so torn on this decision. I knew I wanted to see my daughter being born, so I chose to try and tough it out. So Dr. P left, and the REAL fun began...let me just say that they aren't lying when they say that your "water" provides a cushion from contractions. IT IS T-R-U-E. About an hour after she left, things started getting hairy. By about 3pm I was DONE. I was so exhausted and in so much pain. Contractions were about 2 minutes apart, and after being on Pitocin for about 19 hours I was only dilated to a SIX. They said I could still have many hours ahead of me. That did it for me, and I asked for the C-Section. Unfortunately, since my platelets were low, I would have to be put under for the c/s. At that point I was so exhausted and delirious from pain I didn't care. I wanted my baby here and I wanted to be out of the pain. They rolled me back about 3:30, and it seemed like it took FOREVER for them to put me under.
The next thing I knew (and these memories are quite foggy), I woke up back in my room with Craig there beside me. As soon as I was somewhat awake they brought Teaghan to me to try and breastfeed. Unfortunately, I don't remember much, but I do remember thinking about how BEAUTIFUL and perfect she was!! I also thought she looked a lot like Craig. That evening was pretty foggy (it takes me forever to come out of anesthesia), but I remember feeling more happy than I ever have in my life. I couldn't believe how lucky we were to have such a gorgeous, perfect little girl.
I was such a hot mess here. Don't even think I'd had a shower. But I was so excited to see Dr. Potter and for her to meet Teaghan again. She is the best doctor ever!! She is the reason I was able to get pregnant, and I will use her as long as I can!!
You can see here where they nicked T with the scalpel. She was face-up (which we did not know). Turns out I probably could not have delivered her anyway!
Me and my sweet girl! So in love!
The next day a lady came by to take pictures of Teaghan. I was so surprised by this! The pics turned out great. I can't wait to frame them and hang them up. She took all of them on my bed.








No comments:
Post a Comment